On October 29, 2019, the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta (the “Court”) granted an order (the “Receivership Order”) placing Houston Oil & Gas Ltd. (“Houston” or the “Company”) into receivership. Hardie & Kelly Inc. has been appointed as the receiver of the Company (the “Receiver”). A copy of the Receivership Order can be found below under the section entitled “Court Filings and Orders”.
The Receivership Order provides for a stay of proceedings such that creditors are prohibited from continuing or commencing any actions or exercising any rights against Houston and or its assets for payment of goods and services supplied to prior to October 29, 2019, absent seeking leave of the Court. The Receivership Order further provides that suppliers of goods and services are restrained from discontinuing the provision of goods or services to the Receiver absent leave of the Court.
Contact individual for the Receiver – Marc Kelly at 403-536-8510 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Discharge of Receiver as of June 17, 2021
On June 17, 2021, the Court granted an Order discharging the Receiver and approved the issuance of the Notice of Disclaimer found below. There are no funds available for distribution to creditors.
Field Operational Contact Information
The Receiver has retained Veracity Energy Services Inc. (“Veracity”) to assist with the day-to-day management and operations of Houston’s assets. Inquiries associated with day-to-day field operations can be directed to Veracity at 403-537-1300.
Receiver’s Certificates for Limited Discharge
On December 11, 2020, the Court granted a Limited Discharge Order discharging the Receiver from and over Houston’s remaining interests in well, pipeline and facilities licences that were not the subject of transactions concluded by the Receiver (the “Remaining Properties”) upon the Receiver delivering a Receiver’s Certificate for Limited Discharge (“Limited Discharge Certificate”) to the Alberta Energy Regulator with respect to those specific Remaining Properties listed with each such Limited Discharge Certificate. The following Limited Discharge Certificates have been issued to date:
- Limited Discharge Certificate #1 – December 14, 2020
- Limited Discharge Certificate #2 – January 7, 2021
- Limited Discharge Certificate #3 – January 29, 2021
Court Filings and Orders
- Originating Application re: Receivership – October 18, 2019
- Affidavit of Lars De Pauw – October 15, 2019
- Supplemental Affidavit of Lars De Pauw – October 22, 2019
- Bench Brief – October 21, 2019
- Receivership Order – October 29, 2019
- Application re: Sale Solicitation Process – December 2, 2019
- Order Approving Sale Solicitation Process – December 12, 2019
- Application re: Sale Approval & Vesting Orders and Related Relief – August 24, 2020
- Bench Brief of the Receiver re: Sale Approval & Vesting Orders and Related Relief – August 27, 2020
- Approval and Vesting Order (Aeneid) – September 3, 2020
- Approval and Vesting Order (Bonavista) – September 3, 2020
- Approval and Vesting Order (Canamax) – September 3, 2020
- Approval and Vesting Order (Hillary) – September 3, 2020
- Approval and Vesting Order (Kiwetinohk) – September 3, 2020
- Approval and Vesting Order (Nuova Strada) – September 3, 2020
- Approval and Vesting Order (Pieridae) – September 3, 2020
- Approval and Vesting Order (Pro-Find) – September 3, 2020
- Approval and Vesting Order (Sanling) – September 3, 2020
- Order re: Various Relief – September 3, 2020
- Application re Sale Approval and Vesting Orders and Sealing Order – September 30, 2020
- Sealing Order – October 8, 2020
- Approval and Vesting Order (Road 53) – October 8, 2020
- Approval and Vesting Order (CNR) – October 8, 2020
- Application re: Sale Approval and Vesting Order – November 2, 2020
- Approval and Vesting Order (Seol) – November 10, 2020
- Application re: Limited Discharge – November 27, 2020
- Limited Discharge Order – December 11, 2020
- Order Approving Receiver’s Activities and Fees – December 11, 2020
- Application re: Advice and Direction regarding bankruptcy assignment – January 12, 2021
- Bench Brief and Book of Authorities re: Application for Advice and Direction – January 12, 2021
- Order re: Assignment in Bankruptcy – January 19, 2021
- Application for Final Discharge
- Order for Final Discharge and Related Relief – June 17, 2021
On February 1, 2021, Houston was assigned into bankruptcy. BDO Canada Limited was appointed as trustee of the bankrupt estate (the “Trustee”).
Contact person for the Trustee – Jerri Beauchamp – email@example.com or 825-509-0394.
First Meeting of Creditors
The first meeting of creditors is scheduled to be held via telephone conference at 9:30 a.m. MST on February 22, 2021 (the “Meeting”). Notice of the Meeting, Statement of Affairs, proof of claim form and form of proxy are included in the creditor package below. To be entitled to vote at the Meeting, a creditor must lodge with the Trustee, before the Meeting, a proof of claim and, where necessary, a proxy and request the telephone conference access details from the Trustee.